Saint Valentine’s Day fall on 14th of February and most of the people look forward for this day. People show their love towards another by sharing cards, gifts, flowers etc. It is celebrated differently in different countries. In Europe people exchange St. Valentine’s keys as a gesture of love whereas in Finland it is known as Ystavanpiva-meaning Friend’s Day and so they remember and celebrate with their friends.
In Mexico this day is national mourning day for them. In Japanese this day is a day for the men. Women pamper them with gifts, chocolates and hope that they are returned later on. Brazil does not celebrate this day on 14th of February as it falls during the carnival of Brazil. In India people celebrate this day too by exchanging gifts. India has many romantic places to visit and people prefer to celebrate this day by planning a romantic getaway on Valentine’s Day.
There are many romantic places to visit in India to celebrate this day and give a lovely surprise to your partner:
1. Minicoy: This romantic place is situated in the southernmost part of Lakshadweep and is meant for the love birds who want to enjoy this special day with their beloved. Surrounded by hues-blue water white sand and colorful reefs this place is mesmerizing.
2. Gokarna: This place is situated in Karnataka. Beaches provide you with the romantic setting so that you can catch the beautiful sunset and enjoy the scenery away from the crowd with the lovely delicacies. It is a great place for the couples to make their Valentine’s Day a special one.
3. Shillong: Situated in the northeastern part of India, Shillong which is also known as the ‘Scotland of East’ is a splendid place to spend your holiday. Beautiful landscape, stunning lakes, clean surrounding, waterfalls etc this place is one of the best places in India. Anyone will fall in love with this place and you can celebrate this special day away from the crowd.
4. Andaman and Nicobar Islands: This Island is situated on the Bay of Bengal which consists of around 600 large groups of islands. One can have a look at the active volcano of India which is situated in the Barren Island. You can also go for volcanic diving. People who are adventurous and want to go for scuba diving, snorkeling can visit this place. You can relax with your partner at the exotic beaches and enjoy seafood over there.
5. Tosh: This is located at Himachal Pradesh, in Parvati Valley. You can have a view of the mountains and lush greenery. You can plan and spend your Valentine’s Day in the cold weather by having amazing view of the landscape.
6. Rann of Kutch: You can have a view of this salty marshland and spend your Valentine’s Day by enjoying the cultural and sceneric beauty of this place. It is located in Gujrat. The sunset is mesmerizing against the white desert.
7. Nainital: The Naini Lake is located in Nainital which is a relaxing place. People go for enjoying boat rides, hills and mountain scenario. It is also a beautiful place to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
8. Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer which is located in Rajasthan is considered to be one of the most romantic places. You can have a view of the lovely sunsets in the deserts with your loved ones and visit the forts, go for safari at Khuri or Sam. You can also enjoy night camping under the stars and make it a memorable experience for you.
9. Agra: Agra has the monument of love ‘Taj Mahal.’ You can find many other monuments designed by the Mughals in Agra. You can also find a lot of beautiful gardens.
10. Ooty: Ooty is located near the Nilgiri Hills. You will love this place. The tea gardens and also the botanical garden are worth watching.
There are many other places that could be added on to this list where you can visit in this Valentines. You can choose the best amongst the above mentioned places and enjoy this Valentine’s week with your loved ones and make it a memorable experience which you can cherish throughout your lifetime. We wish you a happy Valentine’s Day in advance!