It is very essential to know your rights and responsibilities as answerable customer. Such awareness will help you to relocate better way while dealing with service provider:
Know Your Responsibilities and Rights with Movers and Packers
Know Your Rights:
- A detailed written quote is every customer’s first right. This includes written details of all the services and existing hidden charges. Many times, it has been noticed that many fraud companies burden clients with higher charges then decided in the quote by giving many excuses. It is an absolutely unethical act, and a written document will give you a legal right to drag such pseudo company to consumer forum for reclaiming your money.
- You must not sign any partially complete document provided by moving company. Such incomplete document may not have all the facilities written on paper, which you are eligible to receive like all other customers. If you sign such paper which has uncompleted details, then you are no more eligible to receive all facilities, nor you can claim for them. Read thoroughly that document contains relevant moving information, without any hidden cost. You have every right to ask them to fill all the details first and then only you are responsible to sign. You also need to get written assurance from your service provider for guarantee on time deliverance. Any further delay can put you into big financial lose. Having written assurance will make you eligible to claim losses due to such delay.
- Thoroughly understand the responsibilities of home relocation company for loss and damages. Better you ask for written explanation between valuation and insurance to avoid future misconceptions. It is also required that moving company offers client a dispute settlement as an available alternative option for settling damage or loss claims. It is better to have written assurance in this matter.
- You must ask insurance cover for all movables to compensate any future loss. There is nothing which can replace your attachment for such treasures, but facing financial loss due to this is also not acceptable. As a responsible client, it is your right and responsibility to be personally present, when each item is being weighed. In case of any doubt, you can ask to reweighed it for your satisfaction.
- Always check the identity cards of home arrived movers and drivers, to ensure that they belong to the company you have booked. Always take details from packers and movers company in advance about the staff members they are sending to assist you. In case of any uncertainty after their arrival, you hold every right to confirm with the company by calling them.
- You are suggested to take estimation from 3-4 other service providers. This will provide you idea to bargain while deciding the quote. You also have right to remain updated time to time while consignment is moving in vans.
- As a customer, you also have right to choose the method of payment whether cash, debit card, credit card or any other options.
Responsibilities as a Client:
As a customer, you should read all documents carefully, provided by your moving company. This will give you thorough idea about errors existing in the certification. Missing this will not make you eligible to claim for any future impairments.
- It is essential for you to be present at the time of delivery. If you can’t make it, then have some of your representative available there, who is aware about every detail of the move. It is necessary to check if all arrived luggage is as per inventory list only.
- It is your duty to notify the mover, in case of any change in the delivery dates or address.
- You should properly check each unpack item to ensure that no damage or loss has occurred while moving. In case of any, immediately inform the mover to file claims for damage, loss or late delivery.
- You are accountable to make payment as finalized in the form.
- It is your right and responsibility to check quality of packing material. If you are not satisfied with the quality, you can ask for better one. Same thing applies for not being satisfied with moving crew.
- If you are moving on your own, you have to take full accountability of every small thing like arranging packing material, packing properly, booking moving vehicle, loading all luggage, unload and unpack everything on arrival and every other moving need.