Moving is most challenging task to perform in the entire life, especially when you are relocating in a new city or some distant area. But that’s not an end here, as there are many tasks to be achieved even after relocation. If you have moved to the new place, where you have absolutely no idea what things to do after a move.
Here are some basic guidelines for Home Relocation:
- Check Appliances : The moment things started getting unpacked by your movers, you should immediately check if your important kitchen appliances like stove, refrigerator, dryer and others are in working condition like before move. There may be chances of some damage; so on time awareness will make you illegible to make a claim.
- Check Moved Items and Furniture: You are also suggested to check each moved item and furniture, if everything is fine. Check thoroughly if no damage or crack has occurred while moving them. You should also check with the inventory list if nothing has lost. You need to do it immediately; otherwise later on packers and Movers company or insurance company may not reimburse you.
- Reinstate All Utilities: Make sure all required utilities are reinstated properly by your moving company staff. Even if they said they did, there is nothing wrong to check once. You will require them on regular basis, so better to be absolutely sure. You should also check if bathroom tabs, water and electricity are in proper flow. You would not want your first day in a new house without water or electricity. Check if the door and windows are in proper working condition.
- Get a Receipt: If you are using professional moving company for home relocation, then after completion of the contract, make sure you get a receipt. Keep all documentations and receipts of the move at the safe place.
- Learn About New Home: If you have moved to far distance, then you may not be aware about the territory around. Check the basic facilities available around. You would require things like groceries, milk products on daily basis. If you are having small kids or pet, then check about the compound boundaries are properly covered without any loop hole. This will save you from any future accidents.
- Find a school: Two most basic necessities at the new home is your new job and a school for your children. These two things should have been checked well in advanced before you plan to move. However, if you have not done is so far, then do it with immediate effect. Make it your foremost priority to register your kids in a good school around the area.
- Contact Home Insurance Company: Now you are into your new home, so you should immediately get your new home insured from any damage or natural disaster. This is a very important aspect. You have invested your life savings to buy this house, so just can’t afford to take this easy.
- Go Out and Meet People Daily: You have recently shifted story to make a fix schedule for going to a garden around for a daily walk. This way you will meet new people around, as you have recently shifted, so get to know them by interacting. Take a part in social activities like some Yoga Seminar or Camps.
- Get connected to the Neighbors: Neighbors are the best relatives. In every good and bad, the first people who come forward to help are our neighbors. Try to develop loving dialogues with them. Have interactive talks with them and try to know them. Take informative details from them which may help you to establish better way. Try to go for walk with them every day. Such healthy relations are helpful for happy neighborhood.
- Make an Emergency Contact List: This is also one of the important aspect to have a list of local numbers which may require in emergency. It is something which may need any moment of your life.
- Manage Bank Account: Once you have settled in the house, find a good bank around and open an account there. If you already have accounts in the same bank at your old location, then better you apply for transferring them. It is always advisable to have bank account in nearby branch. You also need to update your new postal address in all other bank accounts for better mail transactions.
- Change the Postal Address: You require changing postal address in license, insurance claim, office, telephone diary and other necessary services. Regardless whether you are moving within town or away, your postal address will always be different, which needs to be updated at earliest.
- Find a Suitable Doctor for You and Your Pet: It is not advisable to change the doctor. However, if you shifted far from your old location or in some other city, then you are left with no option but to switch to some expert doctor for your family and pets. You may also take some advice from your neighbors in this regard. This is one of the most crucial requirements and you cannot afford to negotiate with this.
There are many more but these are some of the important points and guideline for home relocation to new places.